Wednesday, March 3, 2010

An Adventure Begins - Acceptance

I'm starting my blog now. Getting into the habit. Making it a routine.
I'm going to Iceland in May. Yep, to that small lil' island a bit south of Greenland and northwest of England. The acceptance letter came in the mail today. I'll be going with 9 or 10 other girls and two professors.
I'm Nervous!
The fact that I'm going is absolutely surreal. I'm going to have classes in another country with only a handful of people from my college. They're familiar faces but so far they aren't people I have a strong bond with. Ashely was suppose to go but a few things came up and she couldn't. It sucks. I was looking forward to all the amazing things we would have done! We're so alike.
So I'm nervous, excited, impatient, a little scared, and perhaps unable to realize the full capacity of what this means. It'll settle in sooner or later.
Its March 3 now. The flight day is May 28. Count down time.
Well after next weekend. For now I've gotta focus on MAL (Model Arab League). We're leaving for South Carolina next Friday. The Conference begins Friday at 4 and isn't done till Sunday morning.
Let the Good Times Roll.

3 comments:

  1. awwwww. Sweetheart! I'm bummed, too. I will be with you in spirit, and who knows...maybe you will make some new friends! :)
    I will take pictures of my summer, and you will take pictures of yours.

    I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remind me to check on another card for your camera! Want you to have plenty of space for pics. Woo Hoo! You are so gonna love the trip! Laissez les bons temps rouler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaya you finally got a blog going! Have lots fun and do lots of new things so you can post lots of pics and blog post so i can comment on them haha. Just so you know im gonna miss you so much when your gone, so im gonna do summer school when your gone so i have some to keep myself busy with lol.

    ReplyDelete